Thursday, February 08, 2007

What's Cookin'?

Max has been interested in all of the goings on in the kitchen since he was big enough to be in his excersaucer (maybe 3 months old or thereabout). He constantly asks to be picked up so that he can see what I'm doing in there. I read recipes out loud to him and talk through things, and he repeats as much as he can. He was being such a good boy on Monday, and Charlie was napping so Max had my undivided attention. I decided that we should make pancakes for lunch. My friend Marcy told me a while back that she lets her son help her with pancakes because who cares if they have a little less flour from overzealous stirring?!

The photo above is Max mixing the batter - very happily mixing and mixing!
The one below is him continuing to stir and stir in between me putting it into the pan to cook up. Needless to say, the pancakes got more and more crepe-like as the batches went on! They sure were good though, with a little bit of peanut butter and maple syrup.

1 comment:

Emmely said...

Pancakes for lunch, yum! What a cutie that Max is! So camera-shy too ;) I love reading your blog and keeping up with you guys!