Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Blue Room

As anyone who has been to our house in the past 3 months has seen, we have had an empty room downstairs ever since Dada finished the 2nd floor. Max had this room at the base of the stairs until he moved up to his orange room ('Max's Ohnch Woom', as he calls it). We have been planning for quite a while to turn it into a TV/media room but just hadn't done any work on it.
Yesterday we decided it was a project day and spent the whole day working on it - cleaning it up, painting, moving in furniture and electronics. Here is a photo after 1 coat of paint:


Later in the evening, after the kids went to bed, I 'helped' Dada get the electronics moved in there. Here is a photo of my help:

It's a little difficult to see, but Dada asked me to put the speaker cable through the tube in the stand up to the speaker and reattach it to the speaker itself. I was done and about to take them in to show Dada when I noticed that I had put each end of the same cable into the speakers and left the other cable laying there on the floor! Some help. Luckily, it was easily fixed (yes, I fixed my own mistake!)

Here are the kids enjoying the new room this morning as they watched their morning cartoons. Isn't it beautiful?!? I just love the color.
There is no art on the walls yet, but it is usable and the kids seem to really enjoy it. Now we have an extra room for 'living space' in our small home!

No comments: