Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bring On The Bread

I am a bread maker. Just for the family and perhaps to take over to someone else's house for dinner, but primarily just for our enjoyment. When I heard about a bread making demonstration of how to make crusty artisan bread put on by King Arthur Flour, I got very excited! My friend, Brian, also enjoys making bread for his family so I asked him to attend the demo with me. It was really informative and well done. So, with new recipes, knowledge of techniques, and some rye flour, tonight I will attempt to make my very first ever Poolish (pronounced poo-leesh') and tomorrow will go for some round artisan loaves of rye bread. Updates to follow.

1 comment:

aine said...

we love king arthur flour- tony uses it for pizza crust .. mmm... how did the poolish turn out?
xo Aine