Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Kind of Taking Action

I was fixing breakfast for the kids and I this morning and was happily slicing open some english muffins we picked up at the store yesterday to toast when I thought I would just check out the ingredient list. Just for fun. Do you know what I found? High fructose corn syrup!! In the english muffins!! Not good, people. Not good. I am both angry with myself for breaking my rule of not buying anything without checking the ingredients and angry that the company that makes them felt the need to put any in there in the first place.

So now I am on the hunt for muffin rings and a good recipe. I dearly love a freshly toasted english muffin with a little melted butter and homemade strawberry jam. If I have to make them myself to accomplish my craving, so be it.



Wish me luck!

No comments: